Stormwater Inspections + Pollution Prevention
Various Locations | Mining
ISG ensures that stormwater management systems are in compliance with pollution regulations for mining partners.
Violations of stormwater pollution regulations can set back mining operations, requiring a partner with extensive experience completing permitting and designs for stormwater management.
The EPA and state enforce the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit, which regulates stormwater discharge from sites. In order to comply with state and federal stormwater requirements and to ensure compliance, ISG assists with site inspections, preparation and submittal of permit applications, monitoring, and management. The following data is gathered during visual inspections:
- Data on off-site discharges are present or if any discharge has the potential to flow to water bodies (lakes, rivers, streams, wetlands, ditches, etc.)
- Water quality sampling, as required
- Any previously unidentified discharges
- Any control measures needing maintenance or replacement
- Any incidents of non-compliance observed
- Any additional control measures needed in order to comply with the permit